- My first career choice was to be a diocesan priest, and I briefly attended Seminary after I graduated from high school. My family isn't overly religious, and my parents didn't push me to go; I think I just like to help people and felt drawn to the rich history of the Roman Catholic Church. Life has a funny way of playing out differently than we intend for it, doesn't it?
- After I left seminary, I attended a state university and majored in elementary education with a concentration in music history and literature. I'm not overly fond of children, though, so I didn't complete the program. I would only need to take two more classes to be a state-certified elementary teacher.
- I studied French for 5 years in high school, a year of Latin in the seminary, and then learned Esperanto independently.
- Someday I'd like to run for Governor of New York, though I'm certain nobody would vote for me. My biggest push would be to reform of the state's tax laws, though I'd probably legalize prostitution... people are going to do it anyway so the state might as well make money off it.
- I try to make sure I have a bunch of $1 bills in my pocket when I go to parties; you never know what you can pay a drunk person to do for your own personal amusement. I once had a guy prancing about in a blue speedo for $5. Another time, the same guy chewed on a ball of tinfoil for 30 seconds for $1. I think that officially makes me an asshole.
- I crawled on top of the dining room table when I was a baby, fell off, and tore the frenulum under my tongue. I didn't gain any super-human abilities with my tongue... just reduced frenula tissue.
- I don't use shaving cream. I would inevitably get it in an ear or up a nostril and it would bother me. Instead, I shave in the shower after the warm water has softened my skin and use a disposable razor that has an aloe strip.
If you're curious about the deep, dark secrets of others in the PHP Community, you may want to checkout the list Cornutt compiled.